Thursday, March 24, 2011

Random Projects

I wanted to send my best friend from law school a little something to let her know I was thinking of her, so I put together a composition book cover for her.  I hope she likes it!  I made one for my niece in Italy for her birthday, and I think she liked it - I really want to make myself one - it is just never a priority.  Maybe I'll cover my day planner instead of a composition book. Anyway, here are some pictures of the one I made for Michelle, complete with a friendship star...



I also have a couple of quilts cut out and ready for piecing.  One is for my mother-in-law.  We are going to Italy in May, and will be there for her birthday, so I thought I'd whip up something to take to her.  Her quilt is an easy pattern - nine patches set on point and sashing with cornerstones - but is going to be made in really yummy batiks.  The other is for my 20-month old, Peter.  I recently made quilts for my 3-year old twins when they switched over to big kids beds.  Even though Peter will be in his crib for a while longer, I feel badly that I didn't make him one!  The theme for his quilt will be dinosaurs.  I'm going to use a simple disappearing nine-patch pattern and the quilt will be backed in a snuggly minky dot fleece.  I think he'll really like it.

Here are some pictures of the ones I did for the older two.  We have sharks and fairy ballerinas.  The twins still share a room, so I used the same pattern for both.  Originally I was going to do a bento box, but I couldn't bear to cut the sharks up any further, so this is what we ended up with!

Shark toddler bed quilt


Fairy ballerina toddler bed quilt





No comments:

Post a Comment