Saturday, March 12, 2011

More Boomerangs...

I wanted to share the beautiful boomerang swap blocks that I have received.  So far 24 of my babies have made their way back home to me and will be incorporated into quilts for my nieces.  My plan is to put a dark pink border on each to make 14" blocks and then sash them in white.  My nieces love pink, love anything girly and princessy, and evidently love the "shabby chic" look.  (I should mention that they are 3 and 5.)  These quilts will be perfect for them I hope.  I'm a little concerned about how I will quilt them since I need to make a full-sized quilt for each - but I'm not going to worry about that right now.

Here is the fabric that I sent out:


And here are the lovely blocks that I have received back so far.


Any problems you see with the blocks are most likely the fault of my bad photography skills.  The blocks are truly lovely and I am so pleased with each and every one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment