Friday, March 11, 2011

Boomerang Swap

I wanted to make quilts for my nieces and nephew this Christmas, and I wanted to join a swap - because shouldn't all quilters join a swap at some point?  So, I joined a Boomerang swap on QuiltingBoard.com with the idea that I would use the blocks to make pink, girly quilts for my nieces.  I sent out 35 pieces of pink fabric with hearts and flowers, and am hoping to get back 35 perfectly princessy blocks.  I love what I've received so far and I'll post my received blocks later - they are still trickling in, but for now, here are the blocks that I made for others from the fabrics that they sent out - all 35 of them!  I learned a lot about scant 1/4 inch seams and half-square triangles...  I also gained a lot of confidence in my skills.  It was helpful to see that nobody produces "perfect" work.  Don't take that the wrong way - I am so happy with what I've received from others.  It's all been beautiful - just not "perfect."  Just like my own blocks weren't perfect.  Well, here they are.  My beautifully imperfect blocks.


Don't know why the rail fence blocks all look crooked.  I think that says more about my poor photography skills than it does about my sewing skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment