Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello...hello...hello.........

My poor little neglected blog.  Moving and quitting my job really took the wind out of my sails!  I have been starting to sew again though.  Now it's time to get organized and motivated!



Ah, Affairs of the Heart... On top of my general inability to find enough time to sew lately, I've been torturing myself with indecision about that project and have finally come to a decision I can live with.

Since my blocks are meant for a quilt for my young daughter, I have been very concerned with how practical or durable the blocks are. I really hate the ones that I did on the machine, and I don't feel that the embroidery is especially durable either way. But since they are beautiful and I am stubborn, I have decided to do 9 of my favorite blocks by hand and make them into a wall hanging for my daughter. Then I'm going to take the rest of the pink and purple batiks I bought for that project and make a twin-sized variation of the Civil War Love Letters quilt. Since that one will be paper pieced on the machine it will be much more practical for a little girl, and it will still have a "love" theme. I'm going to make the heart center medallion variation. I'm going to do it on my own schedule and only do the blocks I want to do for my specific quilt. I think I might start a personal diary thread to post my pictures and progress so that I can get all the encouragement and feedback that this board offers without having to follow along on a BOM.

Anyway - that is the plan! If only I can get Penny Haren done.... Here are some pictures of the blocks I've completed recently.  I'm sure I've missed some, so I'll post a group shot soon.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment