Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chain of Diamonds

I hate "springing forward."  At least maybe my kids will sleep late this morning since it is later than it should be!

The weekly schedule for the Penny Haren Pieced Applique group on the QB starts on Sundays, and since I already have my block for this week completed, here it is:


This block is called "chain of diamonds" and it is the 6th block in the book.  This block went together really easily for me, so this is either one of the easier patterns or I'm getting the hang of the technique - which basically involves stiff templates and glue sticks.  My glue stick ran out in the middle of this block, and instead of just going to find another, lazy-me tried to use Elmer's school glue.  Doesn't work the same at all.  Even though I use the Elmer's for basting and quilt construction all the time, it doesn't work for these blocks.  I had a hard time getting the Elmer's to stick and once it was down, it was super hard to reposition anything.  Forcing it resulted in a couple of shredded templates - but my self-imposed technical difficulties notwithstanding, this did go together very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment